When the ink dries, we'll have another bastard's peace.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

December 4th. The thought thickens.

It's 7:26 ante-meridian. Blood is thicker than water; and I'd want you all around even if you had cancers. But it ain't all jugs of orange juice, apple-cider, suicide doors. There's more to it than they act.

Stuck here where I sit with the violins and the silence, blotting my ears against the sheet-sirens and the violence of the ink-blood final fantasy mental images, I get nothing done except two (2) times myself. A doppelgänger, if you will.

And the noel-halo? It's over an A this time. But I don't believe in angels, only angles, and from this one the three-point-whatever buzzer-beater's fading fast. Maybe I just have the wrong haircut. I've seen leakings of the future through the seams in my fingers. It's not pretty, three times fast.

Forward, we (I) march, though, then. Forward, onwards, upwards. The fence is up, my tongue is loaded, six-shooter style, with offensive ways to make a mark, and in nets: a scary price to pay for my missed deeds.

So I'll go then, for my refrigerator's sake, and buy off a monster or two; but not more. These days my wallet's as thick as my torso. Which is understandable, maybe; I just might have a rib missing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your writing become more complex when your life does? y/n. circle one.

I'm getting better. I understood about 80% of this entry. It's those hockey references that always throw me, but at least I'm getting the biblical ones.

alex icon said...

*circles n, for "not sure yet, more data needed to properly process results"*

i think it was just a sort of random conscious decision, but my mind-state at any given time is totes due to my environment so who knows.

anyway, this one is so ridiculous i feel like it requires an annotated version, or, like, american announcers doing play-by-play. "oh! folks, he just referenced the bible and paradise lost in one sentence! that's the overtime winner! the loser has actually won! what a comeback!" etc.

alex icon said...

(oh and obvs my life has become less complex so the n also stands for no.)

Anonymous said...

Well, ridiculous isn't necessarily bad. And besides, you know you've made it to the big-time leagues when they publish the annotated editions of your work. Two examples: The Annotated Ulysses and The Annotated Alice.

p.s. How soon is too soon to add Ulysses to my favorite books on facebook?

alex icon said...

i guess the main difference is in my case i'm doing my own annotations. a lunatic can dream, though.

ps: never. i've mentally added it to my own already. durrrr.