When the ink dries, we'll have another bastard's peace.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

I just watched the Royal Tenenbaums

and now I want to die.

It's so fucking depressing... I mean, it's an amazing movie.

But afterwards I just feel empty. I guess it's because I empathize too much with Royal... he kinda spends the whole movie trying to make up for the fact that everyone hates him and he's been a total asshole... and he never really gets his family back before dying.

It feels too much like me, just like Willy fucking Loman, I don't know.

All these characters are so ... héros noir, or something, old guys who've failed at life, and have no time and no way to make up for it. That's how I see myself in the future.

It scares the shit out of me.

So I drown my sorrows in A&W root beer.

And cry myself to sleep.

x

No comments: