When the ink dries, we'll have another bastard's peace.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Well, good news, good news indeed.

After my polemic blog post yesterday, all the Nazi punks who were reading my blog fucked off. Pretty skilled. There were two of them, apparently.

Punks.

Anyway. Down to brass tacks, to the bread and butter of this blog post: *takes off hockey helmet*

I got beef.

That's right, beef.

You read it right.

I double dare you to be weirded out right now.

I got beef.

And I don't mean meat coming from a cow, neither.

I mean, I got beef. I got a problem. I got a bone to pick, to stick with butcher-language, with life.

Something's stuck in my craw, if you will.

This is my beef:

There are just too many fucking people in this life.

And because there are so damn many fucking people the world over, populating nearly every damn last inch of the planet, something happens.

You know what happens?

I'll tell you what happens.

The amount of awesome, and I mean fucking awesome, incredible, special, one-of-a-kind, blink-and-you-miss-'em, jaw-dropping, heart-stopping people in this life of ours, goes way way up.

There are tons of 'em.

Millions, even.

Even a one in a million person, in this life, is pretty common. Think about it, with 6-and-a-quarter-billion people on this planet, there are about 6,250 one-in-a-million people in the world right now.

That may not sound like a lot but try fitting 6-and-a-quarter-thousand geniuses, thespians, artists, philantropists, musicians, mathematicians, kind souls, philosophers, etc. into your living room, and you'll find you're about a small city short of space.

And that's just the one-in-a-million people.

Think, in our lives, all the people we pass by every day that we'll quite possibly never see again, that we'll never talk to, who could be practically soulmates, or, I dunno, become our best friend if given 30 seconds of conversation, people who could change our perspectives forever, that we'll never ever get to sit down and chat with.

It's maddening, is what it is.

So that's your thought for the day, and think about it, and think about it good.

Alex

1 comment:

alex icon said...

Way to ignore on the whole point of the post and focus only on your own hunger... ><