When the ink dries, we'll have another bastard's peace.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A&L

So, after the horror that was yesterday and my blowing it out of proportion, today was much better in that not only did I miss my last two classes prefecting and doing nothing, respectively, I also got the Arts & Lit. position with Jinsun, and I did really well on my summer reading test (29/30)... and Prachar didn't count the verb test. That was a definite bonus. Today, a whole new problem presents itself: Team Canada neeeeeeds to beat Finland. I... we... us... can't lose to the Finns, for crying out loud. I think. Was that racist?

Anyway, in remembrance of 11/09/01, we watched In Memoriam New York City today in Economics class. It was insane. What an impact that had... seeing the planes crash up close, watching the towers collapse with a soundtrack of screams, watching bodies tumble from high in the tower to the ground. Sickening.

At the same time, it was interesting to see people being interviewed while obviously enraged at the attacks. I remembered thinking, a few times, how they totally couldn't see the other side of things - but that's not surprising and I don't blame them. Emotions... well, it was an incredible, unbearably skilled piece of film-making. I had forgotten, or maybe never really realized, just how horrible the day was... it really blew me away the level of fear and at the same time human spirit were prevalent. It's really beautiful to see human beings upping the moral ante in times of crisis. Selflessness is really an awesome thing to see.

In other news, I seem to be really at odds with my family today. I'm not sure if it's them or if it's me but things are not clicking.

If you haven't heard it lately, go listen to NOFX - The Decline.

Amazing song.

*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not just awesome. Legendary.

Them.

Anonymous said...

ya we watched that movie last year. i got to watch it twice, because i had him for History too. he doesn't teach that again this year does he? i wouldn't think so. he's so crazy. a lot of people cried.